2010 – 2011 Coffeehouses

Note: This is a previous season concert. The current season is 2017-2018.

Mary Beth Carreiro

Mary Beth Carreiro

Time & Place
Friday, January 28, 2011 @ 7:00 pm
2510 N. Armistead Ave.
Hampton, VA 23666
Admission
Admission is by donation ($5 suggested).
Refreshments will be provided for sale.

Members of the Tidewater Songwriters' Association will be performing their original songs in a round robin setting. Performers include Mary Beth Carreiro, Tina Micula, Jerry Sowers, and Adrian Whitcomb.

Mary Beth Carreiro teaches the second grade and the best part of being one of her students is that she sometimes delivers a lesson with her guitar. She also writes songs about her family, including her ancestors who lived in the Hampton Roads area several generations ago. A longtime member of Tidewater Friends of Folk Music and the Tidewater Songwriters' Association, Mary Beth has performed at previous TFFM Coffeehouse events.

Tina Micula

Tina Micula

Tina Micula is known for expressing her social consciousness in her songs, including her recent “Lament for the Gulf of Mexico.” “I see music as a vehicle that can heal, inspire and change people for the better. One thing I love doing is performing at nursing homes and watching the miracle of music at work. I love to make my live performances as interactive as possible. It makes it more fun for me and the audience.” As of late, Tina has lent her songwriting talents to help the homeless.

Jerry Sowers

Jerry Sowers

Jerry Sower’s guitar style is based on the finger picking styles of traditional folk performers. Singing traditional and original folk songs whose subjects range from personal experiences to social concerns to stories of normal and abnormal people, Jerry tries to engage his audiences with sing-a-longs and humor. His first CD, “Simple and Free” contains six original songs and five traditional folk songs. Jerry has played coffeehouses, churches, and other venues in eastern Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and North Carolina.

Adrian Whitcomb

Adrian Whitcomb

Adrian Whitcomb has been a part of the TFFM Coffeehouse Songwriters' Night for the past four years. He has performed at the open mic at the Venue on 35TH Street in Norfolk more than forty times, rarely repeating any of his numerous songs. Many of Adrian’s songs contain a quite satisfying mixture of both serious message and a humorous means of delivering that message. Known for creating songs for special occasions that sound like they’ve been around forever, Adrian engages in a variety of styles from folk to country to light rock.