2012 – 2013 Coffeehouses

Note: This is a previous season concert. The current season is 2017-2018.

Adrian Whitcomb

Adrian Whitcomb

Time & Place
Friday, April 26, 2013 @ 7:00 pm
2510 N. Armistead Ave.
Hampton, VA 23666
Admission
Admission is by donation ($5 suggested).
Refreshments will be provided for sale.

Adrian Whitcomb is known for writing poetry that can be sung. He has been a part of the TFFM Coffee House Songwriters' Night for the past seven years. During the past five years Adrian has performed at the open mic at the Venue on 35TH Street in Norfolk more than 100 times, rarely repeating any of his numerous songs. "My aim," in his own words, "is quite broad in my writings — not just to entertain, but in many of my songs to educate and urge improvement in the human condition. If I can achieve all of these goals while revealing a little of what is inside my heart and mind, then I feel like I have been successful in my songwriting endeavors." Despite the serious content of some of his songs, expect to find plenty of humor in others and sometimes a quite satisfying mixture of both. Adrian believes that the most important part of songwriting is listening.

Jerry Sowers

Jerry Sowers

Jerry Sower’s guitar style is based on the finger picking styles of traditional folk performers. Singing traditional and original folk songs whose subjects range from personal experiences to social concerns to stories of normal and abnormal people, Jerry tries to engage his audiences with sing-a-longs and humor. His first CD, "Simple and Free" contains six original songs and five traditional folk songs. Jerry has played coffeehouses, churches, and other venues in eastern Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and North Carolina.

Mary Beth Carreiro

Mary Beth Carreiro

Mary Beth Carriero is an accomplished singer, songwriter and guitarist. She draws on her experiences as a grandmother, mother, wife, 2nd grade teacher, lover of chocholate and local history to craft her original songs. She will be performing with members of the Tidwater Songwriters' Association.