|Time & Place|
|Friday, March 23, 2018 @ 7:00 pm
2510 N. Armistead Ave.
Hampton, VA 23666
Mike Lawson is an American singer-songwriter born and raised in New York’s Mohawk Valley region, and currently resides in Norfolk, Virginia. Tinged with folk and Americana influence, his songs have been described as “balladesque…hard to forget” (Whurk Magazine); and “melodic, hooky, and makes you smile” (VEER Magazine). Lawson has received multiple “Song of the Year” and “Artist of the Year” nominations in VEER Magazine’s annual music awards, and his 2016 self-released album “Lie Here with Me” was nominated for “Album of the Year.” Collaborating with artists nationwide, Lawson has worked with Jake Hull (Jake Clemons Band), Matt Musty (Grace Potter, Rayland Baxter), and Nashville’s Bri Murphy.
Lawson’s live performances are a mix of honest, deeply personal songs, offset with wry anecdotes from his own relationships and travels. He has performed some of Southeastern Virginia’s largest festivals including O’Connoroo, The Downtown Hampton Block Party, The Virginia Beach Craft Beer Festival, and the Norfolk Folk Festival. Lawson has received radio play on WROX-FM and Out of the Box on WHRO, and has performed with notable artists including Sons of Bill, Nico Franc, Victoria Canal, and Logan Vath.
- 2015 Tidewater Arts Outreach Sea Level Singer-Songwriter Emerging Artist First Runner-Up
- 2016 Tidewater Arts Outreach Sea Level Singer-Songwriter Emerging Artist First Runner-Up
VEER Music Award Nominations
- EP of the Year 2015 - The Vir
- Song of the Year 2015 - "Old Train Car"
- Video of the Year 2015 - "Old Train Car"
- Emerging Artist of the Year 2015
- Album of the Year 2016 - "Lie Here with Me"
- Song of the Year 2016 - "Old Train Car"
- Americana Artist of the Year 2016