This privacy statement was last updated September 24, 2016.
Tidewater Friends of Folk Music (TFAM), also known as Tidewater Friends of Acoustic Music (TFAM), is a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers dedicated to bringing quality live music to the Hampton Roads Area. This privacy statement describes TFFM's policies regarding personally identifiable information (Personal Information).
Personal Information We Collect
We collect Personal Information to communicate with and provide services to our members and customers. The information is provided to us directly by members and customers and by our payment processor PayPal. This information includes:
- Member and customer names.
- Contact information (such as email address, mailing address, and phone number).
- Order information.
We also collect other information to help us run the web site:
- IP address and information about the device used to access the service.
- The web pages accessed and services used.
- Information provided to us when you contact us through our website.
To find out more about cookies, including instructions on how to restrict or block cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org. However, note that without cookies, online ticket and membership purchases may not be possible.
How we use Personal Information
TFFM uses personal information to provided membership and customer services:
- Process ticket, membership, and other payment transactions.
- Respond to requests and inquiries.
- Send our newsletter.
- Send administrative information, such as changes to terms, conditions, and policies.
- Administer promotions or contests.
- Facilitate social sharing.
- Help secure the website and services, prevent fraud, and enforce our policies.
- To make contact, directly or through a third party, to complete a survey or questionnaire.
- Perform other activities with consent.
How we share Personal Information
We will only share personal information as described in this policy. Specifically:
- As necessary to perform services and complete payment transactions through PayPal.
- To comply with law or other legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas.
- To protect our rights, operations or property, or that of our users.
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to the personal safety of any person, or violations of our terms and conditions.
- With consent.
Changes to this Policy
1Tidewater Friends of Folk Music (TFFM) is our legally incorporated name. We trade as Tidewater Friends of Acoustic Music (TFAM).